Sunday, March 17, 2013

Halfway thru the Dares....

Since starting to write my Joy Dares and post them on Facebook, i am getting messages by so many people saying how they can relate to what I am writing about. They love reading my posts, and they get so much out of it.
Then they usually divulge a little of their own story (or a lot, depending on the person) and they share with me just a desperation, a desire and a disappoinment or two.
I feel honoured that as I have opened up and revealed my own pain and my own experiences, so too have others. The magic of FB is that even though i already know my "friends", it still feels a little anonymous. Sometimes i see a post from someone who doesnt normally post and think "oh crap, they are reading about my whole life"....and so i have un-friended a few people, but mostly i have kept them.
cos honestly, this is me. if you want to be my Fb friend or real friend, then you dont get an abridged version, you just get me. painful posts and all.

i am regularly surprised by the "likes" and comments and messages that are being generated by my Dares, and i am surprised by the people who say they dont like them. what's not to like? unless it stirs something within themselves that needs to be looked at and processed?

doing this Dare journey (apologies for that word) is allowing me to focus each night on being thankful and self reflective - two things that i feel are very important in order to grow and learn.
the older i get, and the more intent on being the best, most self relfective person i can be, i realise that not everyone engages in self reflection. I think i am a little obsessed with thinking about what i think about. but hey, thats just me. i am concerned for those people who never take the time to think about and analyse why they do the things they do, or why they react the way they react, or why they have the opinions they have.
but i accept that this is the way my brain works, and i am always seeking to learn as much as i can and apply it to my life. however i can be very stubborn to change, as i need to experience before i accept.....therefore no-one can say " i think you are being XYZ"....unless they say it in a way that is non-combative and gentle....and then i have time to pause and relfect (!) and then i can take it on board. but if i am told "you are such a XYZ" i will just say "whatever" and continue on my way.
maybe this is the next pattern i can work on and fix??? hahaha my ex husband would probably appreicate that.

but i digress...the purpose of this post was to express my thanks to all of those who are doing the hard yards behind the scenes, but had the courage to share with me how they are going.
being in a relationship is a hard slog, and when someone you know bails out, or is left, it can bring up feelings from deep within you. So i want to encourage you, that this is my story, and it feels right for me. but your story will need to unfold in its own time and with your own courage attached to you.
i truly believe that if you can put your hand on your heart and say you did everything you could and could never be accused of not giving it your all, then you should leave. but if there is the smallest bit inside you that thinks maybe you could try one last time...then you should honour yourself and give it one last shot.

being thankful each day gives me hope that tomorrow or the next day can be amazing. that even if life feels hard, the sun will come out again maybe even brighter than it was before. that's what God stirs within me to be honest - hope. and that is what this Joy Dare is all about for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment