Sunday, March 10, 2013

10 March Joy Dare

3 Gifts in Christ

Some of you may not know this about me, but I am a pretty hardcore Christian. I keep it on the down-low, so that I am not accused of “pushing religion” down people’s throats. That’s what I was accused of back in highschool and copped a fair bit of abuse for it from one particular girl, so I have been reluctant to be all preachy ever since. Evangelism isn’t my ...thing. That’s not my calling. So im all good with my decision. I think my gifting is in healing and prayer, so that’s what I do most of – particularly at work. Anyway……
1. friendships. Due to a miscommunication, and fair amount of less than truthful words (lets say lying and be done with it), I thought I needed to find a new church and a new group of God-friends in the last 5 months. However upon finding myself back at church with a broken heart and a desperate need for support, I realised that my friends in Christ are always there, always compassionate and always real. Being in a good faith community is essential in times of struggle, celebration and confusion. Glad I didn’t let some half truths shatter my friendships – cos it almost shattered my confidence.
2. “greater is He who is in me, than he who is in the world.” This is a truth that keeps me going at times when it feels very dark. I’m thankful for the truth of this statement. Essentially this is being “in Christ”.
3. that sense of never being truly alone. This is a gift that needs constant reinforcement. Cos this gift only grows and feels more real the more we practice this sense of His closeness. Loneliness visits everyone, I’m glad that I have a partner in crime who will always be there for me if I only surrender!

No comments:

Post a Comment