Sunday, March 10, 2013

6 March Joy Dare

a Gift Bent, Broken and beautiful:

All I can come up with in this moment is that this is Me.
I was created in God’s image as a gift to my parents, and to be a living expression of worship to God, as His gift.
However as life and my own free will has shaped who I am, I have become shaped into a bent, broken and beautiful gift. At times I am all three, at times just one of those thing...s. But I am reminded that I am still a gift – even when I don’t feel like it.
The bible tells us that God knows everything about me, right down to the number of hairs on my head. It speaks of how God loves the birds of the air and provides for them, but how much more does He love me, and want to provide for me?!
So with knowing this, and realising that I am sometimes very not okay, I am still required to remember that I am indeed a gift, and as such I should remember my worth and how much I am loved and appreciated.
After this evening culminated pretty much as crap as it could, I am feeling very broken and beaten down. But somehow, in the midst of my despair and frustration, I still feel God’s presence, reminding me that I am not alone, even though I kinda feel it.
I am reminded in that gentle way, that can only come from God, that I am a gift to Him, and therefore it behoves (love this word!! Look it up..) me to keep this at the forefront of my mind. It’s this thinking that will keep my chin up, my focused fixed on the important things, and my inner strength, well, strong. (Especially when I lose my shit, and don’t act like a lady – woops, did I swear? See, I am a bit bent).

No comments:

Post a Comment