Monday, March 11, 2013

11 March Joy Dare

3 Gifts Read

 

  1. reading the postings of my mentor in Joy Dares – Renee – has been a gift. She got me thinking a few months ago, about how I always wanted to be a home schooler, and how I long for a family that is large and loud and crazy (in all the good ways). Of how her family play together and enjoy each other so much. And most of all of how she speaks of her husband – with such tenderness. Her posts were part of my wake up call that led me to making major life changes and decisions. Decisions that have ultimately changed the course of my life and that of my children – for the better. We play together a lot now, we make things, we go on adventures, we enjoy each other. All because of the little prompting Renee gave me to dare to dream for more….thank you Renee. Xx
  2. I love reading thru FB posts each morning, especially the ones that are pictures with “words of wisdom” on them. Now, I must admit I vomit a little bit at some of the corny words and ridiculous pictures. I cant stand the ones that say “giving you a big hug today” and there’s a teddy bear and a rose -  I mean, that is about as comforting as a steel chair on a hot day. However, the ones I like are the ones that give me pause, that sometimes feel like a punch in the chest. Or a slap to the face…my fav one today is “inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions” – this needs to be something I repeat to myself daily at the moment.
  3. OMG Ben brought the funniest book home from the library. Called Willy the Wimp. Its unfortunate, because this poor ape is a little scraggly and he wishes he could be heaps tough like the “street gorilla gang” who bash people and threaten women (I know! It is ridiculous this book). But it gets better cos Willy runs around looking for how to get tough and he becomes a body builder and ends up saving a girl and they fall in love (again, I know!!!) and then at the end Willy has this big ego and feels heaps good about himself and is smiling and walking along the road and then smacks his face into a pole.

I KNOW!!!! How weird, and totally funny and “instant karma-ish” all at once. The kids think it is hil-ar-ious, and make me do the “bang” sound each time he walks into the pole. So I am thankful for two things – that this book makes my kids crack up every time I read it – cos that is heaps funny. But secondly that it is a reminder that if you get a heaps big head about yourself, you will probably walk into a pole…just sayin’….. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment