Sunday, March 17, 2013

16 March Joy Dare

3 Hard Eucharisteos

 

I had to look up the meaning of today’s Joy Dare. In the book that this is drawn from,  one thousand gifts Ann Voskamp talks about the eucharisteo or “grace, thanksgiving and joy”. Today’s dare asks me to list three times in my life that have been really hard to remain thankful. Here we go….(it wont be pretty)…..so I have decided to just list and not elaborate. I need to keep some things to myself!

 

  1. divorce.
  2. being a woman of a strong spiritual conviction.
  3. KW signs to kick,  T.u.i.m,  “we have no country”, a great big slap across the face,  (p.s don’t worry if you don’t understand this one…its in code!)

 

Giving thanks thru times of adversity is a hard place to posture oneself. But that’s exactly what I am doing tonight. I am remembering, and giving thanks that each time I have been faced with something that is really hard, it is an opportunity for growth.

Hard times are really ugly and challenging and sometimes I just want to run away and escape, or hide and never come out. I wish I was Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, but instead of clicking my heels and going home, I wish I could escape to some random little island somewhere, and open a wine bar or a b’n’b and live a different life.

But then I hear the squeals of delight from the kids, or a client calls me needing advice or a booking, and I am catapulted back to reality. I realise that the life I lead is a fairly good one. I am reminded that I have enough money, enough good health and enough love around me to get by.

So I will make it thru #1 knowing that #2 will hold anchor even thru the roughest seas, and #3 will be there in the background.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment