Saturday, April 13, 2013

3 April "My Daily Gifts"


3 April Joy Dare

3 Gifts surprisingly found

 

I like my own company. I always wondered if I might like to go back to being single, during the course of my marriage. But I didn’t entertain it too much, cos of course I would always stay married. Right?

 

I found a gift on my door step this morning! As I stepped out to take my kids to school there was a little post box on the step that looked like a book. I put it inside – puzzled, but too rushed to open it – and came back home intrigued after the kids were safely away for the day. It turned out to be Anh Do’s book The Happiest Refugee.

I had only been talking about it with a friend a couple night’s before, and he had sent it to me – a gift!

My first one in a long time. It was such a thoughtful gesture. It made me smile and warmed my soul for the first time in months, as only such a pure and simple gift can do.

 

My third gift is in new found friendships. Being a single gal in this big bad world again isn’t scary at all. There are so many people out there in FB land, my neighbourhood and in social circles previously untended, who are really, willing and able to hang out, have a chat, and do life with me. Being able to broaden my friendship circles, meet new people and re-acquaint myself with old school friends has made me realise how

No comments:

Post a Comment