Tuesday, April 2, 2013

2 April Joy Dare


2 April Joy Dare

3 Gifts White

 

I don’t have much “white” in my life at the moment. No-one is giving me flowers, I am not getting married, nor am I buying a new car. All these things could be white.

But isn’t it weird that when I was thinking, “what on earth will I write about?” these are the three things that came to mind…..?

 

So here is my reflection for today;

Flowers are a gift for the giver and the receiver. White flowers to me are a symbol of purity, peace and simplicity. I love receiving flowers of any kind, and I love flowering pot plants of any kind. Peace lilies make me happy when I walk by them in a room, (and I am really good at keeping them alive!) A wedding bouquet created with white blooms of all different kinds, is a most lovely reminder of hope and love. White lilies are also used on caskets for funerals. Again, a simple way to honour a life lost, gestured with love and kindness.

Flowers bring beauty to the most wonderful or the most devastating of situations. Whether it’s a dinner party gift or a condolence, the power of a white flower to convey warmth and affection is powerful. Flowers should be given “just because” more often. They fill the heart with love and restore hope. Saying “I love you” is welcomed, but so is having a white flower picked from the neighbour’s garden…just sayin’

 

I love seeing the gift of a bride in white. White wedding dresses offer a woman a moment to shine, feel beautiful, feel adored, feel like they can get their small moment in the spotlight. An intricately beaded white dress, or gorgeous fabric adorned with crystals, it captures my imagination. A woman in a white wedding dress, offers her man a promise, a gift and an expectation of hope. Whether it lasts or not, that makes no difference, a woman walks down the aisle as a gift ready to be received with love and strength. The whole concept of marriage, romance and long lasting love is still a prospect that is appealing to many women, and I hope men too. It is my opinion that most people want the security of a strong and unified marriage partnership, one that supports, nurtures and encourages one another. To me, a white dress offers not a symbol of the bride being pure – we do live in the 21st century after all – but it is a symbol of purity for the couple – it symbolises a clean slate. It is the start of their life as a unified team, to stand together, with strength, love and kindness, patience and honour, respect and peace. So with that in mind, the guy should be in white too.

And be on a deserted beach, with no one else around for miles, with no shoes, with no music but the waves crashing and wind whistling thru the palm trees…..oops, okay, that’s my fantasy…you go ahead and create yours.

 

When I think of a white car, I think of a Holden. A white Holden. I have no idea why, cos I drive a Territory. Men: feel free to abuse me ….NOW!! (to be honest, I don’t care about cars or what make they are, but I would love your comments on why Holden’s are shite and Fords are better, or vice versa).

Not sure what it relates to in this joy dare, but maybe I want to be given a gift of a white Holden?

But thank you God that I can drive a car, and that I have the $$ to afford keeping one.

 

Okay, that’s it. Night xx

No comments:

Post a Comment