Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Personal Journey with Three Children


This is the first foray into blogging, and i thought it may be helpful to share my experiences as a new Mother of Three for those out there going through the same thing!


My children are 8yrs, 2yrs and 4months. I am tired, but happy, stressed, but calm, and busy, but feeling rewarded.

Some days i am none of these things, some days i am more.


Prior to having my second and third children i would look at women who had three children and think "my goodness, why are you so ratty?" or "yes they seem to have lost the plot today", or "why do they not enjoy their children?"


Now i can understand why they look so ratty! Taking care of more than two children is a whole new world of pain.....and happiness! Suddenly there are no more hands, no more feet and no one to help you through the day until hubby gets home.


I hope that through reading about my experiences, you will come to know that you are not alone and perhaps even feel better about your situation!


This morning I nearly lost my baby due to my 2yr old pushing over a pedestal fan. The baby w

as laying on her tummy on the floor and had she rolled to the left, she would not be with us now. Thank God she rolled to her right. Needless to say the fan is now removed.

Then I was vaccuming and had her on her bouncer at the back of the chaise lounge. My back was turned for only a minute and there was the 2y.o pulling her off the lounge. When i got to her she was dangling by a thread! Needless to say i am now not putting her on the back of the chaise!

Today was too close for comfort. My nerves are a little frayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment